Journal Papers & Book Chapters
Neuroscience (see also papers under “Culture”)
- Dunleavy, G., Tonon, A. C., Chua, A. P., Zhang, Y., Cheung, K. L.,, Thach, T-Q., Rykov, R., Soh, C-K., Christopoulos, G., de Vries, H., & Car, J.* (2019). A Multifactorial Approach to Sleep and Its Association with Health-Related Quality of Life in a Multiethnic Asian Working Population: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. International journal of environmental research and public health, 16(21), 4147.
- Posadzki, P. P., Bajpai, R., Kyaw, B. M., Roberts, N. J., Brzezinski, A., Christopoulos, G. I., … & Jarbrink, K. (2018). Melatonin and health: an umbrella review of health outcomes and biological mechanisms of action. BMC Medicine, 16(1), 18.
- Chung, D., Christopoulos, G. I., King-Casas, B., Ball, S. B., & Chiu, P. H. (2015). Social signals of safety and risk confer utility and have asymmetric effects on observers’ choices. Nature Neuroscience, 18(6), 912-916. Get Paper
- Christopoulos, GI & King-Casas B*. (2015). With you or against you: Social orientation dependent learning signals guide actions made for others, NeuroImage, Volume 104, 1 January 2015, Pages 326-335. Get Paper
- Phua D. & Christopoulos GI* (2013). Social neuroscience tasks: Employing fMRI ton understand the social mind. In D. Papageorgiou, G.I. Christopoulos, S. Smirnakis (Eds.) Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Theories and Applications. InTech Publishing [Chapter]
- Lauharatanahirun# N, Christopoulos# GI, King-Casas B. (2012). Neural computations underlying social risk sensitivity. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience, 6(213).(#:equal contribution).Get Paper
- Christopoulos GI, Tobler PN. Bossaerts, P, Dolan RK, Schultz W (2010) Neural correlates of value, risk and risk aversion contributing to decision making under risk. Journal of Neuroscience, Oct. 7, 2009, 29(40):12574-12583. Get Paper
- Tobler PN, Christopoulos GI, O’Doherty JP, Dolan RJ, Schultz W.(2009) Risk-dependent reward value signal in human prefrontal cortex. PNAS U S A. Apr 28;106(17):7185-90. Get Paper
- Tobler PN, Christopoulos GI, O’Doherty JP, Dolan RJ, Schultz W. (2008) Neuronal distortions of reward probability without choice. Journal of Neuroscience. Nov 5;28(45):11703-11. Get Paper
Environmental Psychology / Workspaces Design & Health
- Tan, Z., Roberts, A. C., Lee, E. H., Kwok, K. W., Car, J., Soh, C. K., & Christopoulos, G. (2020). Transitional areas affect perception of workspaces and employee well-being: A study of underground and above-ground workspaces. Building and Environment, 106840.
- Dunleavy, G., Bajpai, R., Tonon, A. C., Cheung, K. L., Thach, T. Q., Rykov, Y., … & Christopoulos, G.* (2020). Prevalence of psychological distress and its association with perceived indoor environmental quality and workplace factors in under and aboveground workplaces. Building and Environment, 106799.
- Divakar, U., Sathish, T., Soljak, M., Bajpai, R.,Dunleavy, G., Visvalingam, N., Nazeha, N., Soh, C.K., Christopoulos, G.& Car, J. (2020). Prevalence of Vitamin D Deficiency and Its Associated Work-Related Factors among Indoor Workers in a Multi-Ethnic Southeast Asian Country. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health,17(1), 164.
- Thach, TQ, Mahirah, D, Sautera, C, Dunleavy, G, Nazeha, N, Rykova, Y, Zhang, Y, Roberts, AC, Christopoulos, GI, Soh, CK and Car, J.* (2020). Associations of perceived indoor environmental quality with stress in the workplace. Indoor Air.
Venugopal, V., Roberts, A. C., Kwok, K. W., Christopoulos, G. I., & Soh, C. K. (2020). Employee Experiences in Underground Workplaces: A Qualitative Investigation. Ergonomics, (2020), 1-37.
- Thach, T. Q., Mahirah, D., Dunleavy, G., Zhang, Y., Nazeha, N., Rykov, Y., Christopoulos G, Soh CK & Car, J.* (2020). Association between shift work and poor sleep quality in an Asian multi-ethnic working population: A cross-sectional study. Plos one, 15(3), e0229693.
- Thach, T.-Q., Mahirah, D., Dunleavy, G., Nazeha, N., Zhang, Y., Tan,C. E.H.,Roberts, A. C., Christopoulos, G., Soh, C. K., &Car, J. (2019). Prevalence of sick building syndrome and its association with perceived indoor environmental quality in an Asian multi-ethnic working population. Building and Environment, 166, 106420. doi: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2019.106420.
- Roberts, A. C., Yap, H. S., Kwok, K. W., Car, J., Soh, C. K., & Christopoulos, G. I. (2019). The cubicle deconstructed: Simple visual enclosure improves perseverance. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 63, 60-73.Get Paper
- Nang, E. E. K., Abuduxike, G., Posadzki, P., Divakar, U., Visvalingam, N., Nazeha, N., Dunleavy, G., Christopoulos, G. I., Soh, C. K., Jarbrink, K., Soljak, M., & Car, J. (2019). Review of the potential health effects of light and environmental exposures in underground workplaces. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 84, 201-209. doi: 10.1016/j.tust.2018.11.02219
- Satish, T., Dunleavy, G., Soljak, M., Visvalingam, N., Nazeha, N., Divakar, U., Bajpai, R., Thach, T. Q., Cheung, K. L., de Vries, H., Soh, C. K., Christopoulos, G., & Car, J. (2019). Risk Factors for Non-Communicable Diseases at Baseline and Their Short-Term Changes in a Workplace Cohort in Singapore. International journal of environmental research and public health, 16(22), 4551.
- Tan, Z., Roberts, A.C., Christopoulos, G.I.*, Kwok, K-W., Car, J., Li, X.Z., & Soh, C-K. (2018). Working in underground spaces: Architectural parameters, perceptions and thermal comfort measurements. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology Available online 28 September 2017. Get Paper
- Roberts A., Christopoulos G*., Lu M., Soh CK (2016) Psycho-biological factors associated with underground spaces: the new era of Cognitive Neuroscience. Tunneling and Underground Spaces Technology. 55, May 2016, 118-134.
- Christopoulos G.I., Seah H.S., Eng Melvin, Soh CK (2017) Employing Virtual Reality to Measure the Effects of Architectural Parameters on Cognitive Performance. Towards a Virtual Environment Psychophysics Lab. International Workshop on Advanced Image Technology, Penang, Malaysia. Get Paper
- Lee EU, Christopoulos G*., Lu M., Soh CK (2016) Social Aspects of Working in Underground Spaces. Tunneling and Underground Spaces Technology. 55, May 2016, 135-145.
- Soh, C. K., Christopoulos, G., Roberts, A., & Lee, E. H. (2016). Human-centered Development of Underground work Spaces. Procedia Engineering, 165, 242-250.
(Questionnaires, Physiology, VR, Wearables etc)
- Rykov, Y., Thach, T. Q., Dunleavy, G., Roberts, A. C., Christopoulos, G., Soh, C. K., & Car, J.* (2020). Activity Tracker–Based Metrics as Digital Markers of Cardiometabolic Health in Working Adults: Cross-Sectional Study. JMIR mHealth and uHealth,8(1), e16409.
- Dunleavy G, Bajpai R, Tonon AC, Chua AP, Cheung KL, Soh C-K, Christopoulos G, Vries H, Car J. (2019). Examining the Factor Structure of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index in a Multi-Ethnic Working Population in Singapore. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16(23), 4590.doi: 10.3390/ijerph16234590
- Lee, E. H., Luo, C., Sam, Y. L., Roberts, A. C., Kwok, K. W., Soh, C. K., & Christopoulos, G. I. (2019). The underground workspaces questionnaire (UWSQ): Investigating public attitudes toward working in underground spaces. Building and Environment, 153, 28-34.doi: 10.1016/j.buildenv.2019.02.017
- Roberts, A. C., Christopoulos, G. I.*, Yeap, Y. W., Seah, H. S., Chan, E., & Soh, C. K. (2018). Assessing the suitability of Virtual Reality for psychological testing. Journal of Psychological Assessment (in press). DOI: 10.1037/pas0000663 Get Paper
- Christopoulos G., Ang Uy, M., Yap, W.J. (2016). The Body and the Brain: Measuring Skin Conductance Responses to Understand the Emotional Experience. Organizational Research Methods Get Paper
- Christopoulos, G., & Hong, Y. (2020). The multicultural mind as an epistemological test and extension for the thinking through other minds approach. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 43, E97. doi:10.1017/S0140525X19002711
- Yap, W. J., Christopoulos, G. I.*, & Hong, Y. Y. (2017). Physiological responses associated with cultural attachment. Behavioural Brain Research, 325, 214-222. Get Paper
- Cheon, B. K., Christopoulos, G. I., & Hong, Y. Y. (2016). Disgust Associated With Culture Mixing Why and Who?. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 47(10), 1268-1285. Get Paper
- Christopoulos G. & Tobler PN (2016). Culture as a response to uncertainty: foundations of computational cultural neuroscience. In J. Chiao, S-C. Li, R. Seligman & R. Turner (Eds.) The Oxford Handbook of Cultural Neuroscience. Oxford: Oxford University Press. [Chapter]
- Christopoulos G. & Hong Y. (2013). Turning two uninvited guests into prominent speakers: toward a dynamic culture neuroscience. Psychological Inquiry: An international Journal for the Advancement of Psychological Theory, 24:1, 20-25.
Psychology / Business
- Faust, N. T., Chatterjee, A., & Christopoulos, G. I.* (2019). Beauty in the eyes and the hand of the beholder: Eye and hand movements’ differential responses to facial attractiveness. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 85, 103884.
- Visvalingam, N., Sathish, T., Soljak, M., Chua, A. P., Dunleavy, G., Divakar, U, Nazeha, N., Bajpai, R., Soh, C. K., Kwok, K. W., Christopoulos, G., & Car, J. (2019). Prevalence of and factors associated with poor sleep quality and short sleep in a working population in Singapore. Sleep Health. doi: 10.1016/j.sleh.2019.10.008
- Faust, N. T., Chatterjee, A., & Christopoulos, G. I.* (2018). The effect of unrelated social exchanges on facial attractiveness judgments. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 79, 290-300. Get Paper
- Liu X-X, Hong Y. & Christopoulos G.*, (2017) Beyond Black and White: Three Decision Frames of Bribery. In L. Tomasco, Ph. Nichols; D. Robertson (Eds.) Thinking About Bribery: Neuroscience, Moral Cognition, and Psychology of Bribery. Cambridge University Press. [Chapter]
- Christopoulos, G. I., Liu, X. X., & Hong, Y. Y. (2017). Toward an understanding of dynamic moral decision making: Model-free and model-based learning. Journal of Business Ethics, 144(4), 699-715. Get Paper
- Christopoulos G, Kokkinaki F, Harvey N., Sevdalis N, (2011) Paying for no reason? (Mis-)perceptions of product attributes in separate versus joint product evaluation. Journal of Economic Psychology, 32, 857-864. Get Paper
- Baddeley, M. Pillas, D. Christopoulos, Y. Schultz, W. Tobler, P., 2007. “Herding And Social Pressure In Trading Tasks: A Behavioural Analysis,” Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0730, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.